Water & Drain Line Repiping:
When the water or drain pipes in your home need to be replaced turn to CopperStone Plumbing for repiping services. We are the best at retrofitting your home with a new piping system. We use quality materials and know how to install them in the most efficient, professional way which means less inconvenience for you. In many cases, corrosion can occur in piping due to years of use or in other situations, neglect or other activity may lead to faulty pipes that need to be replaced throughout your home. If you notice leaks or other setbacks with your plumbing, then it’s important to contact a professional plumber immediately.
When Is It Necessary?
For newer structures, the issue is usually a specific problem. In older buildings, the age and general condition of the plumbing are usually the deciding issues. Here are some of the factors we consider.
- Polybutylene pipes (typically blue or gray, but sometimes black) should be replaced. Used from the 1970s to mid-90s, it’s prone to leak, split, and burst. So plumbing codes no longer allow its use. Worst still, this type of plastic is damaged from the inside (primarily due to chlorine), so it may look just fine from the outside. At the very least, have it carefully inspected.
- Galvanized pipe is generally long-lasting, but is especially vulnerable to corrosion and is no longer used. It should be replaced at the first sign of leaks.
- Slab leaks are under flooring and several inches of concrete. Spot repairs are sometimes economical, but it’s often better to repipe the line along an alternate route.
- Leaking sewer lines made of clay, cast iron, or Orangeburg pipe should usually be replaced.
- An inspection that reveals corrosion or that unsuitable material was used.
- The heavy scale build-up has reduced flow. Without a water softener, this can become significant in as little as 10 years in the Phoenix area.
- Rusty-colored or metallic-tasting water indicates corrosion in the pipes or hot water heater.
Common re-piping projects include:
- REPLACE OLD GALVANIZED WATER LINES WITH COPPER OR PEX PIPING
- SLAB LEAKS
- REPLACE DRAIN PIPING
- REPLACE SEWER MAIN
- GAS LINE REPLACEMENT
- LEAK DETECTION***DRAIN & WATER LINE LOCATING***